Sunday, April 20, 2008

5 Day Forcast: Postapocalyptic

No this title is not referring to a Mars Volta Song, or any of their lyrics. I am referring to how the weather has been here lately. It has been so dusty and sandy here that it has killed two pairs of my contacts. I even went to thy eye doctor to get a new subscription of contacts because I have gone through them so quickly.

I am traveling again soon. I have been invited to go to Dubai with a friend of mine that I have met here. We will stay there for a few nights. He is doing some business stuff there and has invited me to come along with him for the experience. Dubai is like the "miracle city" of the middle east. With hugely successful economy, open society with legalized drinking and dancing, as well as all the bells and whistles of a capitalistic consumer culture; indoor skiing at the malls, beach resorts and probably theme parks. Of course the place has its problems. Lots and lots of drug abuse, bad driving, homelessness and I think there are rumors of money laundering and what not. It will be an interesting time. I have also been invited to go to Istanbul, formerly known as Constantinople. My cousins boss has invited me to go back home with him to check out some of the schools there. I cant wait. I need to get hold of a camera.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well i finally find your blog, thanks to rose..im glad you are having a good time etc etc..did you run away?!dont blame ya if you did..really enjoyed reading this stuff boy..well done :)

Anonymous said...

dully come home already
we misses you!!! gotta get crunk and have some drunken escapades!!!!! love ya stay safe!!-rose